At Compass Community School Mountfields House our children are at the very heart of every decision we make. We strive to deliver a holistic education experience which helps children develop personal qualities, which are valued in British society such as thoughtfulness, honesty, respect for difference, moral principles, independence, and self-respect.
We aim to develop young people who are responsible, caring and respectful of others, and who have a strong sense of fair-ness and what is ‘right’. We want them to treat others as they would like to be treated themselves and to understand and celebrate diversity and difference.
The school will help our children and young people to develop an inner discipline and will encourage pupils to not just ‘follow the crowd’ – they will make up their own minds and be ready to accept responsibility for what they do. They will grow through making choices and holding to the choices that they have made. They will want to be honest with themselves and with others.
We are passionate about supporting and guiding our young people to become the best version of themselves through;
– A broad, creative, and inclusive curriculum that stretches and supports learners to achieve their potential
– A therapeutic and person-centred approach to each individual’s personal development based on their needs, strengths, lived experience and interests
– A commitment to healthy, open, and respectful relationships
– A deep sense of purpose that things can change and be transformed for the better
– Empowering our young people with the knowledge that failure is not the opposite of success, it is part of the success.
Each of our schools has a dedicated and hard working team focused on bringing the best possible education to our pupils, click here to see them.Our Team
“Compass Community Schools motivate children and young people to engage with education and overcome barriers to learning. Our vision is to inspire learners to make positive life choices and to provide pupils with a therapeutic education which enables them to make the most of their life chances.”