Compass Community is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement sets forth our current privacy practices with regard to the information we collect when you or your computer interact with www.compass-schools.com. By accessing this website, you acknowledge and fully understand our Privacy Statement and freely consent to the information collection and use practices described in this Website Privacy Statement.
As a “data controller”, we are responsible for deciding how we process personal data about you. We take your privacy seriously and we are fully committed to protecting your personal data at all times. We will only process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws, adhering to the principles (as applicable) contained in the GDPR.
Our Data Protection Officer is responsible for ensuring that this privacy notice is maintained. That post is held by Jamie Wright, Group Finance Director.
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via the Website may include the following:
Your personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number, CV etc.
Your IP Address. This is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
If you proceed past the initial web form & CV upload stage then we will gather more information on you throughout the Application process.
Use of information for live applications
We have 5 points of information gathering during the process.
- Initial web form & cv upload
- Application form
- Suitability telephone conversation
- HR compliance checks (references, DBS & work chronology)
|Stage||Type of information gathered||Legal basis for gathering data|
|Initial web form & CV upload||Basic contact details as per enquiry form, plus CV||To assess applicants suitability / ability to become an employee of a leading children’s services provider and ensure all children’s safeguarding laws are met.*|
|Application form||More comprehensive personal information gathered|
|Suitability telephone conversation||Assessment of the applicants relevant experience and suitability to the role|
|Interview / induction||Assessment of the applicants relevant experience and suitability to the role|
*A further privacy notice will be required at the HR Compliance stage to allow for previous employment checks and DBS procedures etc.
- All personal data gathered will be stored whilst the application is still live.
- An application form is no longer considered live from the point at which the person starts employment with Compass, or the date that the application is closed.
Use of information for closed applications
|Closure Stage||Maximum time data held once closed||Reason for holding data|
|CV uploaded – no application form completed||6 months||Remarketing and to allow applicants to re-enter the process at a later date.|
|Application form submitted – no interview||6 months|
|Interview / Induction taken place – not successful or offer declined||6 months|
- Any time that personal information must be requested of an applicant via email, this will be input/logged on Resitek and then the email be deleted.
- All emails will be deleted after a maximum 7 days.
Where we store your information
All personal data in stored initially on the website server. It will be stored there for a maximum of 9 days in order to ensure the correct processing of the data whilst it is passed to our in-house database system, Resitek, or to the relevant person for the complaint. All references to data storage above refer to the storage of data on Resitek and not the website.
Data will also, at times, be stored on a secure internal network drive in order to allow for correct processing.
What we do with your information
We use information gathered at initial enquiry stage, combined with cookies, in order to market to other potential foster carers and employees. We also use it in order to keep in contact with you throughout the process. This includes making telephone calls and sending SMS messages to the number that you provide.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, however you may delete, or disable cookies in your browser settings. Please note that you may not be able to take full advantage of a website if you disable cookies.
Google Analytics/Double Click
We use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on the website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page http://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb#display_optout.
Marketing using audience building
If provided, your email address may be used to create custom audiences on Facebook. Custom audiences are used to deliver advertisements to website visitors on Facebook based on email addresses. We do this in order to target other potential foster carers / potential employees through pre-defined criteria set by the marketing platform. We use this data in accordance with Facebook’s Data Use Policy which can be found under: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/.
Google Adwords/Bing Ads
This website uses Google AdWords and Microsoft Bing Ads conversion tracking features on certain pages. If you contact us online, the destination page will have code on it that will help us understand the path you took to arrive on that page. Whilst this information is not personally identifying, we may use AdWords or Bing services in order to serve advertisements to you based on the pages you visit on our website.
You may make a formal request for access to personal data and/or special category data that we hold about you at any time. This is known as a Subject Access Request. Such a request must be made in writing and we must respond within one month. Please note that under the GDPR we are permitted to extend the one month time period for responding by an additional two months where, in our view, your request is complex or numerous in nature. We may also charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs where in our view your request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or a request for further copies. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances. For further details on subject access requests and the types of request listed below, please refer to our Subject Access Request Policy and Procedure.
Under certain circumstances, by law you also have the right to request:
- to have your personal data corrected where it is inaccurate;
- to have your personal data erased where it is no longer required. Provided that we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue processing your personal data, we will make reasonable efforts to comply with your request;
- that your personal data be transferred to another person;
- to restrict the processing of your personal data where you believe it is unlawful for us to do so, you have objected to its use and our investigation is pending, or you require us to keep it in connection with legal proceedings; and
- to object to the processing of your personal data, where we rely on legitimate business interests as a lawful reason for the processing of your data. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. We have a duty to investigate the matter within a reasonable time and take action where it is deemed necessary. Except for the purposes for which we are sure we can continue to process your personal data, we will temporarily stop processing your personal data in line with your objection until we have investigated the matter. If we agree that your objection is justified in accordance with your rights, we will permanently stop using your data for those purposes. Otherwise, we will provide you with our justification as to why we need to continue using your data.
If you have questions regarding our Privacy Statement, its implementation, failure to adhere to this Privacy Statement and/or our general practices, please contact us.